06

The holidays are a great time of year… the lights, the decorations, the treats.  However keep a few things in mind for your pets’ safety.

Those lights I mentioned?  Make sure the cords are out of the way of your pet so that they do not chew on them or get tangled up in them.  Many of us remember the scene in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation when the cat chews on the light cord.

Decorations can tantalize your pet so that they will want to play with them.  These decorations could be breakable and provide a danger to you and your pet.

The holiday treats are something everyone enjoys, but be careful around your pets.  Chocolate is a danger most people know about, but what about grapes and raisins?  Dogs and cats who eat grapes and/or raisins could experience acute kidney failure which could be fatal.

Just a few things to keep in mind, we hope you and your pets have a safe and happy holidays!